Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

SUMMER IN SEOUL: DAY 1, again

Time flies!!! Today is already Day 6 of my 1 month trip. Time to catch up on my travelogue before it gets too much! 

Day 1
I mentioned in my previous post that I stayed at 2nville guesthouse for a night before I moved in to my SNU off-campus dorm. 2nville is located at Hongdae, so I took the airport railroad to 홍대입구(Hongdae Station)!


Follow the directions in the airport to the Airport railroad station. You have to exit the airport and cross the road!


There are 2 types of train for the airport railroad - Express Train & Commuter Train. Express Train takes you directly to Seoul Station without stopping. It's more expensive, and I think you have to purchase a special ticket for it. Since I was going to Hongdae station, I took the Commuter Train, and used T-money. Again, follow the directions to get to the platform for the train you are taking. Here's the map for the Commuter Train: x. Took me about an hour from Incheon Airport to Hongdae.

If you have lots of luggages or big ones, my advice would be to take the international taxi available at the airport counter. Subway stations in Seoul hardly have escalators, so it will be very difficult to carry your luggages up flights of stairs. That was my biggest concern when I decided to take the subway, but thankfully, two kind korean souls offered to carry my luggage when I reached!! So thankful.

I lost my way trying to find my guesthouse, and so did the cab driver after I got onto one. After rounds and rounds of turning and calling, we found the place. I was starting to think I am never going to find it lol.




Room A of 2nville! Very clean, and cosy. There wasn't a lift in the guesthouse but the boss carried my 20kg luggage up for me. After resting, I head out for a late lunch!

There wasn't much around 2nville; only a few cafes. I settled for The Yellow Cafe, which was right beside the guesthouse.




Seafood tomato pasta @ 11,000won. Wasn't that nice, imo, but the ambience kind of made up for it.

After lunch, I made my way to 압구정(Apgujeong)! The walk to the subway station was horrible because I lost my way. But anyway, it's about a 15mins walk to Hongdae station Exit 1.

My plan was to get my hair dyed at The Red Carpet. Lost my way at Apgujeong (IKR, AGAIN!!) and when I finally got to the right address (2h later), I was told that The Red Carpet had MOVED. /faints/ The kind lady gave me their new address, and I took a cab down because I was so tired already. Apparently, some big shot celebrity was doing his/her hair at that time so I couldn't dye my hair....... -_- Made an appointment to come back the next day.



Came across Caffe Bene and had a cuppa milk tea before I cabbed back to my guesthouse. I will post the new address of The Red Carpet in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment